Thursday, December 8, 2011

What can i do about this situation? Do i take full responsibility even though im deployed?

I'm in the military. Married. Wife was staying in the house we both leased while i was deploy. Both of our names on the lease(May2011 - April 2012). So anyway, I get an email from my landlord to contact them about the place i was leasing, so i did. They tell me the rent hasn't been paid and no one has been in the house for a while cause the gas and electricity is off and there was spoiled rotten food left in the fridge. So pretty much she just up and left. Left all my things in the house along with her financed furniture. I say ok. So now they want me to pay full months rent which is 550, keep my 400 dollar deposit and pay a extra 240 in late fee's. Now this whole time i have been deployed to Iraq. (July 2011 - Present) The military makes married soldiers provide for there spouse in which i send her 680 a month for rent not to mention she just got out of the military at the beginning of October so she will receive a nice lump sum plus unemployment. Now i agreed to pay the full months rent but them keeping my deposit in whole and paying the late fee's. I don't agree with. The wife, I don't know her where about since she cut me completely off. Last time i checked she was home in Mississippi. Now can someone give me some advice on what i can do about this. I don't mind taking this to court cause i have copies of my orders showing my deployment time frame and it shows in my allotments that i send my wife 680 dollars a month. I know the wife isn't gonna get off that easy.|||You can break the lease under the service members agreement. Contact JAG.|||You need to sever finances with your wife now...that means filing for divorce on the grounds that she abandoned you (she did that when she left your shared accommodations without any notice to you). And then you need to stop the money flow in her direction. My best advice is for you to talk to JAG and to post this question in the military section as you are in a heap of money trouble and it can only get worse if you don't stop it now. Good luck and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment