Friday, December 16, 2011

How many hours does it take to travel from Pondicherry to Cochin by train?

I'm planning to go to Cochin by train from Pondicherry in early second week of November. Can you tell me how many hours it takes and which kind of train I should reserve for. I am travelling alone and I have to take my big luggage with me which I usually use as my carry in luggage when I travel by air.|||With your big luggage my dear, it's definitely easier and faster by bus.The buses in India are well organized and when you have to travel to a not to far distance which is from Pondicherry to Cochin, i find it's better by bus, because either way you will have to get from one vehicle and go on another one with your suitcase anyway transferring. Good luck and BE PATIENT. Concerning the train in Pondicherry, there is one. The new station has opened a few years ago, it's west of Pondicherry and all indications are there very easy also. Just ask a rickshaw driver to bring you there. From downtown Pondy should cost around 35 to 40 rupees.|||There are no direct trains from Cochin to Pondy.


6043+MANGALORE EXPPUDUCHERRY 16:35 VILLUPARAM JN 17:20 00:45


6127 +MS GURUVAYUR EX*VILLUPARAM JN 10:30 ERANAKULAM JN 03:40 17:10


Well as you could notice travelling by bus to Villupuram could save you time|||Are you sure there is a railway station around Pondicherry. Last time I traveled, I had to use the bus from Chennai.





I think it there is one it should take about 6-8 hours, based on distance and speed of travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment