Monday, December 12, 2011

Homeless but employed?

Hi, I have recently been kicked out of my family home due to domestic tension. I am currently in full time employment and earning about 拢260p/w after tax (around 13k P/annum). Since I left my house I have been sleeping on who ever I can's sofa, or my car. I've been looking for somewhere to rent, but nowhere is within my means... Also most ask for a deposit and a months rent in advance and I really don't have a lump sum of cash to put forward.





The question I'm really asking is weather I would be entitled to any sort of council property, or financial aid? If not then I really do not know where to go or what do to. I am also concerned that if I can not find a permanant address then my work will suffer and I will jeapodise my job, thus making my situation even worse





Thank you for any information or help in advance.





Matt|||At your level of earnings you should be eligible for working tax credits, which you can get either online or by going to the benefits office. You should also be eligible for housing benefit once you do get a place. The benefits office may be able to help you with a deposit for a private flat.





You are definitely eligible for council accommodation, however as a single guy you will be way down the list! if you have any rough estates locally you might stand a chance! I got a 2 bed home in Rochdale when I was struggling a few years ago. No one else would live there!





An address can be important. Do you have a friend who will let you use his place as a mailing address?|||You can rent rooms in shared housed or as a lodger or another person for 拢60 upwards and sometimes that will include bills. These ads can be found in the local papers in the homes section.





Housing benefit could be an option but may only be limited towards a room rental which is what they are now focusing on with single working people. No harm in applying though|||While it is a common belief that people who end up being homeless do so because of their lack of interest in keeping a steady job, the truth is that many homeless people were actually working at the time they lost their homes. This can happen because their work hours were reduced, they became ill or had some major financial hurdle that made it impossible for them to cover their rent, despite them being employed. Working under the table, downgrading to part-time jobs because of childcare issues and even the conditions of the local housing market can all affect a working person to the point of causing homelessness. Lack of job skills is another problem, as many people do not have enough qualifications or schooling to keep up with the demands of the market.








`

No comments:

Post a Comment