Thursday, December 8, 2011

What type of IT software would be best for me - small business selling eggs.?

I have a small business selling fresh eggs to local people. People pay either monthly, or a lump sum then have fresh eggs delivered to them. Most just deposit the cash into my bank account then ring me to let me know they have paid. I then write out a receipt and put it in the post.





I am getting more and more customers and more and more hens! writing things down in my little book is getting to be a bit too much.





1. I want to be able to keep track of who has paid what. It would be helpful if my friend who lives on the other side of town could also have access because he helps me when I balance the books.





2. I want to be able to keep track of customer information, names addresses, phone numbers etc. Some notes like, no eggs for Mrs M next week and reminder that Mr x has not paid for the last 3 weeks.





3. I want to be able to email all of them at the same time sometimes, like last week when someone needed a new home for puppies.





I would be so grateful for any help and tips.





Thanks for answers.|||QuickBooks is VERY easy to learn, does all the stuff you talked about, and your accountant (friend) can come in and take care of the quarterly stuff if you want.





Why not just use Microsoft Outlook to e-mail groups about puppies? That's what it's there for. (It lets you combine individuals into different kinds of groups for different purposes. You can have twenty friends (or business acquaintances), but five are in your aerobics group, three of the five in the aerobics group plus four who aren't in the aerobics group are in your church group, and so on. It will also remind you that it's time to feed the puppies, or to turn on the View, or add weekly meds to the chicken feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment