Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Is it safe to travel to Mexico with peanut allergies?

I am planning to travel to Mexico with my family, and my child has severe peanut allergies. We still want to go to Mexico, but we don't know if its safe for my child.


Any one have any insight?


Thanks!|||In general Mexico is not very aware of the peanut allergy so you must be very careful when you ask if something has peanuts or has been in contact with peanuts. Actually there are no peanut free schools or things like that. I think that depends on the allergy grade you kid has.


Anyway, if you are going to a Hotel you probably can talk to the chef and make sure the food he is taking is peanuts free but again, if a chefs mistake can be a life risk I would think it twice. Pretty much like in the states.|||when traveling to Mexico you have to take into account that they are a lot less neurotic (for the good or for the bad) regarding laws, regulations and special considerations (such as peanut allergies).


It is not impossible to acquire peanut free food items, and depending on where you go there are good chances of being safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment